Monday, April 30, 2012

Elder Comsa's 6th month


Well, it´s my 6th month in the mission, and I didn´t even realize it til my companion asked when I got to the mission. That´s one quarter gone like nothing, and It´s also gonna be my bro Ben´s hump day. For crying out loud!
 
This last week was a great week, sadly we dropped an investigator that I´ve been visiting for the last 4 months because of some personal problems that she´s got. But all in all, I know she´ll be baptized in the future.
 
No funny incidents really happened this week, and there was no girl trouble either. Except for these 2 girls that called me a very strong word in Portuguese as we were walking down the street. But it gets automatically ignored now. No biggy I guess.
 
I wanna share something really quickly. I had a dream the other night that I was on the rocket (the ride that shoots up the tower really fast, and then drops fast, and repeats.) at lagoon. In the dream was Brother Winegar and his son Landon. It was just us 3. The dream was very short but I think it had a good meaning... we were sitting on the ride, and the ride started and shot up really fast. It then did it one more time and got stuck at the very top. As it was stuck I remember looking at Wade Winegar and saying something along the lines of "Look at us, we´re on top of everything!" And he smiled. The reason we were stuck on the top is because the ride was broken, and it wasn´t a good thing. After about a second or 2, something snapped, and the ride dropped and we started to freefall. In the dream, I remember that it was a view of me, looking at myself. And I bowed my head and said a prayer as we were falling. "Heavenly Father, please pick us back up." And at that moment I lifted my head, and 4 angels were standing on the 4 corners of the ride. And had stopped us from freefalling to the ground in a what could have been tragic accident. I then heard a voice saying "I will always pick you back up."
 
I don´t know why I had it, or what it meant at first. So I went and prayed during my study time, and I finally figured it out! The rocket (the ride) represented our life. With the ups and downs constantly. As we got stuck on top, it represented us being on top of the world in success, in our lives, with our families and jobs. As the ride fell, it showed that sometimes when things are good, unexpectedly we´ll fall. But the Lord, he will pick us back up. Whether we have troubles with our familes, with missionary work, with careers, with anything. The Lord will always pick us back up according to our faith, diligence, and keeping the commandments. I agree that the dream seems pretty weird, and kinda outta the blue. But I thought it was really cool. Especially after the last week we had with losing our prime baptism due to some unlikely circumstances. Heavenly Father is always here for us, no matter what happens. And if we´re faithful, he´ll help us.
 
Conference was amazing, I learned a lot of new things. I´m out of time right now but I´ll go ahead and share some things that I learned in conference; next email.
 
This church is the true church. Christ, our Savior is literally guiding this church on Earth, through a living Prophet that speaks with him face to face. There is no doubt in this. It´s not just some belief, it´s a knowledge.
 
Few questions quickly, is Jack Taylor still living? (That probably sounds horrible the way I asked, but I just wanna know.) And Also, how are the Jazz doing? And can you please toss me the Hutchings home address? And how is Kyle?
 
Love you all, and hope everything is well at home. Pray for you every night!
 
- Elder Comsa

No comments:

Post a Comment